Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Deep Sky Image

Pete D

This is my first Deep Sky Image of M31. I know its nothing like some of the images on here but I`m quite pleased for my first go and learning all the time. Tweaked it to try and get a bit of colour in the image not sure whether I`ve made it worse.

I used a Nikon D3100. I took around 30 x 30 seconds and 10 x 60 seconds exposures with some at 1600 and 800 ISO to see which images looked the best. I`m still finding out the best settings to use. Had to do the images in JPEG as deep sky stacker would not find any stars if I used raw images.

Was this unguided? I think the trailing is just a tracking issue rather than alignment because the trails are parallel with each other. I'd certainly move off any decking as others have said as well.

But... you are focused and you have good strong signal. A very impressive first night out. Confusing at first, isn't it!

Olly

• 2 weeks later...

Archived