Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Jiggy 67

Baader Hyperions and F5 scope

Hi all,

I'm in the market to upgrade my full range of ep's with some quality. After a bit of research, I'm erring towards the Hyperions as they appear to be really good value for money. One thing I can't seem to find the answer to is how will they perform with my SW 200PDS F5 Scope. Are the Hyperions suitable for a "fast" scope like this??...If yes, what focal lenghts would you recommend across the full range??

Thanks

i own this scope as well and the first thing i bought was a comma corrector. i would say its absolutely essential for this scope.

as for the hyperions i use them on it as well,i would say you would be better off with some televue plossl's to be honest they would be cheaper as well.

i was looking at these and others for my F5, i ended up with the X-cell LXs, im now on a mission to get them all

There was a thread recently discussing the 13mm Hyperion is a F5 telescope. You could search it out for the full info but I think the gist was Hyperions are better at F6 and slower.

i belive the last post comments from twotter are correct, but i`ve used my 21mm in an f5 scope and it looked o.k. to me,

I used to use the 8mm and 13mm in my 12" F/5 dob without a coma corrector. Never had big problems except that at the edges of the fov things became a little bit fuzzy. At the center everything was sharp and contrasty.

Hmmmm, nice comments, especially about the X-Cell LX's, they seem to have some good reviews, any other comments on them??, would they be a better buy at F5??

There is a lot of misinformation about EPs in fast scopes.

The truth is that ALL EPs will work with fast scopes and the vast majority will be pretty good.

'Suck 'em and see!'

TheThing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have the 24mm. use it with my f5. very sharp views with a little bit of distortion at the edge. doesn't bother me at all.

if you want a low power eyepiece that performs well in fast scopes, the skywatcher aero ED range is very well corrected. i had a peek through one a few months back. fantastic stuff.