SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Baader Hyperions and F5 scope

Jiggy 67

Hi all,

I'm in the market to upgrade my full range of ep's with some quality. After a bit of research, I'm erring towards the Hyperions as they appear to be really good value for money. One thing I can't seem to find the answer to is how will they perform with my SW 200PDS F5 Scope. Are the Hyperions suitable for a "fast" scope like this??...If yes, what focal lenghts would you recommend across the full range??

Thanks

i own this scope as well and the first thing i bought was a comma corrector. i would say its absolutely essential for this scope.

as for the hyperions i use them on it as well,i would say you would be better off with some televue plossl's to be honest they would be cheaper as well.

I used to use the 8mm and 13mm in my 12" F/5 dob without a coma corrector. Never had big problems except that at the edges of the fov things became a little bit fuzzy. At the center everything was sharp and contrasty.

There is a lot of misinformation about EPs in fast scopes.

The truth is that ALL EPs will work with fast scopes and the vast majority will be pretty good.

'Suck 'em and see!'

TheThing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have the 24mm. use it with my f5. very sharp views with a little bit of distortion at the edge. doesn't bother me at all.

if you want a low power eyepiece that performs well in fast scopes, the skywatcher aero ED range is very well corrected. i had a peek through one a few months back. fantastic stuff.

Archived