SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New Cambridgeshire member says "hi"

pmdebenham

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

The clouds did lift for long enough early this evening to get the scope out to play - much to the unhappiness of family members wanting help with other items. An expensive DIY dew shield (black card and duct tape) worked a treat.

Compared to the older 70mm refractor it was good to be able to find many of the double stars which I frequently failed to find before.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Welcome to SGL, I'm also in Cambs over near St Ives, there are several members on here who go to the St Neots Astronomy Association meetings, there is in fact an observing evening on Monday 7th, so perhaps see you and your new scope there.

Richard

Thanks Richard. Unfortunately I am usually at choir practice on Monday nights (plug for Collegium Laureatum performing Verdi's Requiem on Sat 17th Dec, West Road Concert Hall, Cambridge) but I will keep and eye on the SNAA website.

Peter

Archived