Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Greetings from Light Polluted Reading

AstroTux

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum Astrotux. I am fellow Linux enthusiast hence my nickname so nice to see another tux around. It depends on where you live in Reading in terms of light pollution, I work in Reading but live on the outskirts of Bicester and the light pollution is acceptable.

Wow, what an active forum!!! I never expected so many replies to just introducing myself. How do you guys make time for astronomy when you're all glued to your computers? ;)

Judging by the replies we probably have enough Readingites to fill the public bar of a local hostelry, so it may be worth considering :).

I am also very pleased to know that the memory of Sir Arthur Streeb-Greebling is still very much alive. Maybe we should hire the Frog and Peach?

Many thanks to you all for your interest, it will probably give me the spur I need too start developing astro-software using the GTK+ toolkit under Linux..........

Archived