Looking for giant binoculars

pluton

Hello,

I am looking for a giant binoculars like the Garret(Helios Apollo) 20X110, I like nebulas and star clusters,Milky Way and bright galaxies.Ani other alternative?

Anyone can tell me some report for this binos?

Thank you

Hi and welcome to SGL.

I haven't tried the 20X110 Apollo's but do have a pair of the 15X85 and they are certainly very good. Great optics, good build quality but not exactly light! I would suggest a look at Cloudy Nights, they have quite a number of reviews of bins Binoculars

Cheers

Neil

Thanks Neilm for your post.

Other candidate for DSO binoculars are the 15X85 Helios Apollo(I think best that 15X70 model).I have a Manfrotto Tripod(055) and a 501 Head.

This 15X85 are good for observing nebulas and star clusters....wide angle DSO ?

The pupil size is OK for this observations?

Thank you very much for your advice!!

Paco

Paco,

I've got my Apollo 15X85 on a 327RC2 Manfrotto head and 055XBPRO tripod both cope well with the weight. I haven't really had chance due to weather/work to give them a good run other than a quick half hour of lunar, and they are good, very sharp. I did spend many hours researching the internet and spoke to Steve at FLO before I brought them plus I've not read a bad report about them anywhere, and I have looked!

Cheers

Neil

Archived