SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

PierSide - EQMOD ASCOM

Shibby

I have a question about PierSide in Ascom...

While imaging last night, I chose a target that was East of the meridian, but because was soon due cross over to the West side, I decided to avoid the meridian flip and put my scope on the East, pointing East. (There was plenty of space between the scope and tripod legs).

However, once I'd synched Stellarium on a star and tried to slew to my target, in inevitably moved in the wrong direction. Is this because in ASCOM PierSide was still showing as "West, pointing East". If so, how do I change that? I couldn't find the setting anywhere... :)

Or do I have the wrong end of the stick here - do I need to be fiddling with Stellarium rather than ASCOM??

Hi Lewis,

Unless you specifically initiate a flipped goto in EQASCOM it will always use a goto strategy that keeps the counterweights in a downwards position. You can force a "flippped" goto but bear in mind that an alignment model constructed using CW down positions is not likely to be accurate for CW positioning.

Take a look at this EQMOD video tutorial

Chris.

Archived