Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

9mm Planetery Eyepiece advice

Kai

Which one will give me the best view in my Sct ??

What with Mars coming round later this year and Ive still to see Jupiter yet,which one will perform the best ?

Pentax,Televue,Baader ......etc etc Orthos,Naglers etc etc

Over to you.......

I've been using an 11mm TV plossl for a couple of weeks - Saturn and the Moon look sharp and detailed through it. (need a decent lunar filter tho').

Looking at 5 - 8 mm ep's for those clear nights (last night was pretty good actually...)

Recently tried Vixen Lanthanum 6mm LV with some good moments of viewing, but a little too much magnification for "everyday" use (at least on my 6SE) Not as crisp as the 11mm:lol:

Has anyone seen these on eBay?

they are identical to the Burgess/TMB Planetary eyepiece. It's actually cheaper to buy the Burgess jobby from SCS Astro. SCS want £67 but only £3 delivery. TS want £61 plus £13 delivery for theirs. I can vouch for the Burgess/TMB 9mm.......my best eyepiece.....I'll be adding it to the 'Kit I shouldn't have sold' thread. Baader Hyperion 8mm is okay but I've not had the views the TMB gave. Plus the TMB was sharp to the edge in an f6.8 scope, the Baader is not but not bad.

Russ

Okay what about......

Tmb Planetery or Baader Ortho ???

Spliting hairs i presume ?

I would love a 9mm Nagler but IS it that much better than the above two ?

I used to own a 9mm Nagler.

It isn't better than the Baader GO but it is wider; TeleVue's Radian is a more Baader-like.

I've got a 9mm X-Cel you can try at the star party.

And I'll have the Baader GO 9mm 8)

A real good eyepiece that Baader GO 9 mm. I checked it out from deepsky friend, want to buy one now next Saturday on ATT...

Archived