Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

BLIMEY, STARS!!

rightguard

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Rightguard. Seeing is poor. Never really understood it until tonight while looking at Jupiter. Looks like it has a huge heat-haze over it. Im still gonna stay out though. The Big Red Spot is hoving into view around 9.20 tonight.

Clear here, but seeing poor - and 97% humidity, so everything dewing up in next to no time :icon_salut:

Mind you, have captured some test footage of Jupiter to mess around with, before this ruddy man flu took hold... have shut up the obsy and come in for an early night !

Clear in Birmingham (at least before I had to put children to bed). Was looking at the moon earlier and managed to spot the ISS going past. As it was low and flat was able to follow the track on an 8 inch dob (at x100) and think I could make out a bit of definition (maybe this was wishfull thinking). I've previously found the ISS impossible to see with the Skymax.

Clear in Birmingham (at least before I had to put children to bed). Was looking at the moon earlier and managed to spot the ISS going past. As it was low and flat was able to follow the track on an 8 inch dob (at x100) and think I could make out a bit of definition (maybe this was wishfull thinking). I've previously found the ISS impossible to see with the Skymax.

was it in the direction of the moon? going horizontally accross the sky, at i dunno 6ish pm? i saw something, not very bright, but it moved constantly and didnt flash. wondered if it was a satellite or something, but if it was in the south quite low ish then its a safe bet it was the iss!

This was at about 1850 heading east about a full moon disk above the moon. It was moving very flat. I checked with an app on my phone that confirmed it was the ISS. You might have seen this but there are also other satellites that would be visible this time of the evening. As far as I know the ISS is the brightest and the only one that there is a realistic chance of seeing any detail (even if this is just an impression that it is not just a blob).

it was crystal clear here in the east when I was setting up about 6:30. managed to leave my field flattener at home so wasted 30 minutes going back for it.

I managed 2 good subs on Gamma Cygni before this horrible haze moved in :-(

hope it clears, but gonna call it a night if it doesn't in the next hour or so.

Ben

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Clear skies forecast here in Middleton, Manchester until the morning but the seeing is terrible! I'm itching to get out but not sure wether it's worth doing any imaging..!?! I might just go out for some observing and an excuse to use new bits of kit.

Met office says the visibility will go from moderate to good by midnight, I don't think I'm going to be able to resist!

Eta: I need dew heaters!

Clear skies here in south Essex but really wet from dew. Spent half the night cursing the various neighbours for having every available light on and pointing in my direction :D packed it all away and now all the lights are off :icon_salut: might pop out with the bins later

Archived