Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep33_banner.thumb.jpg.75d09b4b1b4e5bdb1393e57ce45e6a32.jpg

spaceboy

1st of November already

I was checking my sky at night calender to see what events I will be missing out on due to cloud and suddenly realized it's now the 1st of November. I feel almost as if I have spent the last 9 months in hibernation wishing away the year in hope I will get more observing in with the dark nights. Sad to say that the cloud cover doesn't change with the seasons so I'm no better off. While we were lucky to get some breaks in the cloud at PSP the only clear night I've had at home which I missed as I was so tired the seeing was reported to be terrible anyway.

I'm beginning to think I should take up an additional / alternative summer time hobby that isn't so reliant on the weather. Don't want to be wishing the great British summer away every year do I :icon_salut:.

Shouldn't worry about it, Great British Summer has been AWOL for at least 3 years!

Rest assured, as soon as the full moon returns we will get a clear night or two!

Rest assured, as soon as the full moon returns we will get a clear night or two!

I hope you are right.

I have clear skies forecast for tonight so I'm going to go up to Macclesfield Forest and see if I can finally resolve the issues with my GoTo alignment - so tomorrow I'll either be posting a great observing report or writing a letter to Santa asking for a 10" Dob for Xmas!

I have had cloudy skies for the past week or more how many good nights can you expect in a year?

It depends where you live Punchy - Winters are usually better than Summer but this year has not been great so far. - It's worth getting detailed weather reports and checking them as it can easily clear late at night (or early morning).

south east Derbyshire here I check the met office but let me know if there is a better site.

cheers

Clear night forecast for tonight in mid hampshire, targets for tonight chosen and all excited! It's going to be cloudy/raining for the rest of the week apparently.

Scope is out & cooling. Once I've read some bedtime stories to my son and got him safely tucked up I will be out. Decided to work from the garden despite the neighbour's security lights as I'm not going anywhere til the GoTo is sorted!