Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

If the Tardis was real?

pastiche

I would certainly go to the moon and see for myself what really happened! In addition I would really want to take a closer look at Saturn's rings and the great red spot and lastly from a time travelling point of view, like Alan I would love to see how they built the pyramids - still can't work that one out.

Greta question by the way!

James

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would also go back and tell myself not to buy my first house where i did...big mistake...

Then go to the Kylie spinning around video shoot followed by a trip to see if i can take a photo of Jack the ripper and prove who he is.

The formation of the moon would be a laugh as well and just for kicks the death of our sun.....from a safe distance!

Oh, lots of places. For starters, being the incurable 'conspiracy theorist' I am, I rather fancy Dallas, 22 Nov 63, on the grassy knoll, armed with a better video cam than poor old Mr Zapruder's shaky 8mm...

Then I suppose the Tardis could put me down (conspiracy again!?) on the moon*, Tranquillity base, 20 Jul 69, just to confirm if something 'interesting' really did happen.

But I think the dream trip would be somewhere on Earth, 837 AD, just to see Halley's comet at its absolute best...:icon_salut:

*I presume the Tardis comes equipped with space-suits...

Shouldn't that be made sure he was never born in the first place!!!!
I'm reminded of one of Roald Dahl's Tales of the Unexpected - the episode was titled "Genesis and Catastrophe" and dealt with precisely this conjecture. Quite entertaining to watch (you can find it on YouTube).

I would love to go back and see what the dinosaurs really looked like (the big meat eaters)

And if I had a spare 5 minutes go back and see rick Astley as a kid and convince him music is a no no

Kevin

I'm reminded of one of Roald Dahl's Tales of the Unexpected - the episode was titled "Genesis and Catastrophe" and dealt with precisely this conjecture. Quite entertaining to watch (you can find it on YouTube).

Also covered in the Dr Who story Genesis of the Daleks...

Seriously, I would travel back in time to the time they had that thing called the internet, then log onto the website called Stargazers Lounge and ask the question..

If the Tardis was real, where would you go and why"

Perhaps having a ringside seat to see the first Moon landing, just to prove once and for all that it did happen.

I've met a man who did have a ring side seat, Sir Bernard Lovell, and he had the largest time machine I have ever seen, although it can only look back in time but by millions, if not billions, of years. It's permanently station near Macclesfield and when it moves I'd swear it's alive.

Brinders

I would go back 20 years to tell my Dads doctor to double check his diagnosis

If he had have done, he may have noticed that it was,nt just a chest infection, and

was something more sinister instead

As my Mum once said "If it was,nt for that doctor, your Dad would still be alive today"

If he had have done, he may have noticed that it was,nt just a chest infection, and

As my Mum once said "If it was,nt for that doctor, your Dad would still be alive today"

That is so sad... I really feel for you and your family, that must have been a terrible time for you all. Something you never get over.

Yes, sympathy from me too - a moving account. My father passed on quite suddenly one day 40 years ago - he had complained of angina during the night, but had refused to call the doctor in the morning, assuring my mother that he'd "be all right" as he set off for work. He never returned home. :) However, it's difficult to weigh up all the 'what if's in such a case. What if he'd called an ambulance there and then, got carted off to hospital, given an emergency by-pass (did they do by-pass surgery in 1971?). I'll never know.

Archived