Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

JKB

Shameless Website plug

OK I have just finally finished (well I think so) my new Astrophotography website at Devon Skies.

I would really like feedback or similar from fellow SGL'rs. Most of the images have appeared here at some time but any comments here or on the site most welcome. :icon_salut:

Many thanks

Jamie

Hi JKB

As someone who builds websites for a living I try and avoid looking at too many when I get home but thought I would just say, (for what it's worth), how impressed I am with your site.

Nice and easy to use and some stunning images.

Thanks for sharing it with me.

I`m no expert either but a nice website, easy to use, nice images. All round good job.

Hi JKB

As someone who builds websites for a living I try and avoid looking at too many when I get home but thought I would just say, (for what it's worth), how impressed I am with your site.

Nice and easy to use and some stunning images.

Thanks for sharing it with me.

I agree. i also create websites for a living and try to avoid commenting on them when i finish my days work.

Overall, a very nice site. Extremely easy to navigate. Clean and to the point.

The one thing i would say is that you really shouldnt have a reply form for comments on so many pages.

It makes it look like you are begging for praise of your images.

Have a single page at the end (last page) for comments,suggestions,questions etc.

Other than that i really cant find fault apart from the white background colour. To view astro images at their best the background colour should really be black. The white just doesnt help.

P.S.~~~~the navigation (LINKS) really should be on the left hand side because thats how and where most cultures read text from (left to right).

You did ask for input.LOL.

9.5 OUT OF 10

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

Very nice a straightforward..Might get a bit of a challenge when you have imaged 100's of objects so you might then need to alter it a bit!

Mark

Very nice a straightforward..Might get a bit of a challenge when you have imaged 100's of objects so you might then need to alter it a bit!

Mark

True, but a good website develops as it grows!!

Great site... if you are on Twitter follow @PlentyofScope some great basic stuff daily (well, you plugged ya site) :icon_salut:

Edited by Patbloke

True, but a good website develops as it grows!!

True. As the number of images build up, the layout will change to fit.

Minor tweaks really. Instead of using text links to images..............thumbnails will be the rule.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

Hi Jamie,

A good clean site, easy to navigate and some great content.

Well done.

That looks good, I never could get word pres to be that agreeable with me.

Hey guys thanks for all taking the time to have a look. As Paul has said it needs a few tweaks but generally glad so far.

Thanks again

Jamie

Very nice, great pictures, easy navigation and overall a very good site, well done. I've put it into favorites so I can keep coming back.

Looked at this earlier, really nice site and its easy to use. Good work.

Austen

Smashing site Jamie and you have some great images there. I would say thumbnails rather than text links for the images would be better, but it is really very well done.

That website has nothing to do with Shameless, not a single mention of Manchester or a Gallagher, you fraud :)

Some great images though, and as someone who is colour blind can I say thanks for keeping the text/background contrast and imaging so simple.

Never knew there was so much out here till I looked at your website- amazing photos. Really want to take some myself :) Kass