Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AARRRGHHH!!! Clouds!!!!

king-jaffethehutt

Just spent all day cleaning and revamping a my recently purchased secondhand bargain SKYWATCHER 150p (flocked).

Did my first ever collimation, Vinyl covered it (Gloss Black) and even cleaned the mirrors, out in the garden after about 5mins of Jupiter through broken cloud and then came all the cloud I could ever want!!

Collimation seemed okay though, had it up to 75x clear and 150x as the cloud was starting.

Reasonably happy with my first attempt of a scope rebuild.

:icon_salut:

Cloudy here as well. Was looking at the moon getting gradually more and more covered as I rode home, when I got home Jupiter was just about visible. By the time I'd parked the bike it had disappeared.

Looked out and saw the moon and it was clear, put the scope up ready for when it got dark!! ......................................... just put it away again. :icon_salut:

Oh well I'll have to spend the rest of the night listening to the constant ring of the door bell!

Archived