Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from sky polluted London!

peterules

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys!

I've been surfing the site for a couple of days now and would be interested in attending one of these star parties! Are there any good ones going on during november/december that's local(ish) to me? Willing to travel a bit but want to make sure viewing is good etc. The deer in Knole park are probably getting sick of the sight of me by now...

Thanks in advance :)

Here is my new toy that I picked up today :)

DSC_0832.jpg

Skywatcher 200p & Eq5 mount

The Telescope Gods must like me as it's been cloudy here in London all week but I managed to get a clear patch and had a look at Jupiter, The Moon, Andromeda and some other stuff quickly. I'm really impressed so far!

Cheers steve, jon and ron!

I've got the motors on order now and have (hopefully) a perfect collimation after a few hours of tinkering last night. Just didn't have any clear skies to test it last night :)

I'm hoping that the coming weekend will clear up so i can start taking it out! I really miss scanning the skies at night!

Please please please report back when you do get a good look at the sky with that scope. It's on the narrowed down list of scopes I've been looking at.

Won't be for a couple of months, so I'm trying to get as much feedback from people on these scopes as I can. I have read pretty much everything I can find on this forum about them, all are positive about it :) But it would be nice to get the impressions of a 1st time user of them like yourself.

Hope for clear skies ahead Pete.

Regards, Richard.

Archived