Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1st Effort at Long Exposure

daz

Here is my first effort at LX with K3CCD.

Two things to bear in mind:

1) I have no idea what I'm doing

2) I have no idea what I'm doing

I know it's over-exposed, but it's only 1 frame - I couldn't figure out how to record more than 1!! Must read the manual.......

:clouds1:

Here you go....

image.jpg

P.S. If anyone wants the PSD file to have another go, PM me

Thats is very similar to my M42 mate - that is great.

All you need to do is get more frames for stacking.

In the dialog box at the bottom there are buttons - I press the preview one (left one), but apart from that I don't press any of them - apart from the record buttom - which from memory is a toggle button (press once to start recording and press it again to stop).

Thats good though Daz, nice work.

Ant

Gaz - Actually, I was playing with the AVI's that I took and you are correct, there are three frames. I guess they all look similar and I didn't spot that in Registax (which I'm still learning as well!!)

James/Ant - Thanks guys! I'll try again tonight... hopefully!

Sorry Rog - it was with my Toucam pro, 2 x barlow. The exposures were 30 seconds each, but I can't remember what the settings were - as I was only playing I didn't note them down :clouds1:

James - can't wait for December now, your imaging master class is going to be really interesting :clouds1:

This was about the best image that I manmaged to get with the toucam and M42.

m42.jpg

Haven't got a clue on the details...

Just so that you can see that your image is good - the thing to remember is that M42 is blumming big and you won't get anything like this

M42.jpg

with a toucam (Sorry about the smallness of this image - I only had a thumbnail with me)

Ant

Here is one that my mate took with film blumming awsome.

m42meade8.jpg

# M42 Orion Nebula

# Date: 15th March 2001- Glen Douglas

# Meade 8" LX50

# Olympus OM2n - Fuji 400

# Single 20 min Exposure

# Manual Guiding

# Comments - My only deepsky image taken with this setup

# Image taken by Mark Hill

• 2 weeks later...

The technique works well on raw, unprocessed images, I'm hoping with James assistance sometime next year to develop either an online or software based astro processing program, where you simply choose the image, tell the system if its a dso, planet or lunar and click process, the program will then process the image using a mixture of techniques and present you with a choice of say 10 final images that are all processed slightly differently, you choose the best and the program creates a high quality final image for you...

Here is one that my mate took with film blumming awsome.

m42meade8.jpg

# M42 Orion Nebula

# Date: 15th March 2001- Glen Douglas

# Meade 8" LX50

# Olympus OM2n - Fuji 400

# Single 20 min Exposure

# Manual Guiding

# Comments - My only deepsky image taken with this setup

# Image taken by Mark Hill

Couldn't resist playing with your mates image Jamie; it was a real novelty working on a scanned film image; just like the old days 8)

image.jpg

Steve

Archived