Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Tim

Grrrrr..... Interview on R2 today

According to a well known dancing (not Strictly a dancer) astrologer, who was interviewed on R2 today, as we are composed of 70% water, it is only reasonable to believe that the moon would have a tidal effect on us, and therefore be the master of our emotions.

What is wrong with these people ?

:D:BangHead::):BangHead::o:BangHead::p:BangHead::hello2:

Come the revolution I suggest we find a large island in the middle of the ocean to populate with them..........and then sink it.

As it is, 14 million people had tripe for breakfast. I guess I'm not the only one who gagged on it!

I thought thats how Saturn got its rings, by dropping these people into orbit round it!

Come the revolution I suggest we find a large island in the middle of the ocean to populate with them..........and then sink it.

Ah........so that's what happened to Atlantis :D:D:D

John

PS

Sorry couldn't resist.

T J what are you saying !!!!

You mean its not true.

It must be true your heard it on the radio and a bbc program to boot.

Edited by steelfixer

Not sure I'd want to live in a world ruled by these... "Modern Atheists" and their

alternative comedian "chums" tho'. TV would be like watching "Dave" 24/7... :D

Edited by Macavity

It's a serious situation, when the Nations Premier Broadcasting Company allows such drivel to be Aired. Does no one vet these

Imbeciles before letting them loose on the whole country's population. I think It's time an Edict was drawn up, and Pronounced by The Government, and the Monarchy, that Astrology is hereby classified as unadulterated Claptrap, and Tripe.

Anyone guilty of practicing such Drivel, shall be banished to the Land of Nod. Wherever that is. :D

Ron.

Edited by barkis

A S T R O L O G Y

Absolutely

Stupid

Totally

Ridiculous

Obviously

Ludicrous

Obsolete

Garbage

Y ?

Any ideas of a suitable word for Y ?

John

EDIT:

I've got it "Y" is the question about astrology - As in WHY does anyone believe in this rubbish :D

Edited by johninderby

Pseudoscience - don't get me started :D

Was the interview tongue in cheek though? often get the impression with R2, 4 & 5 that some interviewees are brought in to make fun of them for listeners entertainment.

It's even more amusing when the interviewee is oblivious to the line of questioning e.g. the morning after David Haye interview on I think R5

I wonder ....?

Do people moan on Astrology forum when an Astronomer/Astrophysicist gets interviewed on radio or TV...?

Peter...

Why should astronomers care... That's the greater question. :)

Astronomy (science, even) would be NOWHERE without it's medieval antecedents.

But, by that, I don't mean Russel Grant. :D

Edited by Macavity

Put Sheffield Wednesday on there too! Oh and Justin Bieber:D:D Edited by saturn4me

OMG How did you know, are you one of those closet Astrologers too :-)!!

The said astrologer is certainly not 70% water- possibly 70% fat- in which case the heavenly bodies could impact upon him. The sun could make him melt...

In fact very few people would hit 70%- the human body is approx 25% fat, 15% protein, 60% water and 5% minerals.

But an alien in Startrek called us "ugly bags of mostly water".

So, sadly, said astrologer must be correct. Sadly.

The said astrologer is certainly not 70% water- possibly 70% fat- in which case the heavenly bodies could impact upon him. The sun could make him melt...

In fact very few people would hit 70%- the human body is approx 25% fat, 15% protein, 60% water and 5% minerals.

25 + 15 + 60 + 5 = 105 :D:confused::)

:o

To be fair, the earliest serious astronomers, were astrologers. The babylonians.

Disclaimer... I hold no truck with cod science