Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Darth Takahashi

PACman - NGC281

Here is the PACman nebula taken over two days, well at least the H Alpha was, which is approx 2.5 hours worth. The RGB is just under 1 hour per channel which isn't quite enough. Still it a repectable result I thing. I hope like it.

Taken with the trusty TOA130F and ST10.

By the way, sorry for the bad weather my OIII filter just arrived in time for my birhtday next week:hello2:!!!

post-15658-133877684752_thumb.jpg

That is an attractive image! The detail in the earwig (my name for the dust lane) is deliciously detailed and delicate. Very nice indeed, Neil.

Olly

Thank Olly, the H Alpha does look really nice... Now that I have an OIII I will go back to this soon and add the data. Unfortunately, I have to wait until Christmas for the SII...

earwig

Olly

Lol... we all have them...

Very nice image Neil ... plenty of detail in there... Looks even better when you open the image in a new page.. Do you not use a picture hosting 3rd party, photobucket is free as is Pbase, both reasonable ..

Cracking image Neil the Ha is lovely! Very ghostly and ethereal :D You are really getting to grips with your setup and processing. Jealous...me ......Nahhhhhh :)

Clear skies mate,

Matt.

P.S. Just reset the scope up as it's clear here tonight so grabbing some more frames on the pacman to see if I can reduce the noise a bit more before processing!Just got another 6 subs of OIII and should be fast approaching the dreaded meridian flip!!

So different, and so nice Neil.

I do like the subtle star colours too :D.

Ron.

Thank for all the positive comments guys, I'll try to get back to it soon with the OIII filter...

Edited by Neil Hankey