Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Where's Jupiter?

steppenwolf

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In fairness to the Beeb, they did issue a correction at the end of the programme - let's be generous and put it down to nerves!
What nerves? Nerves is a man working a 60 hour week to put food on the table and pay bills and still struggling to make ends meet!!:D

In fairness to the Beeb, they did issue a correction at the end of the programme - let's be generous and put it down to nerves!

They did indeed and let's be fair about this, it was a slip of the tongue by the presenter rather than an ignorant error - I have no doubt that Mark knows exactly where Jupiter isbut even my wife noted the error immediately. Actually, I was pretty impressed that she spotted it!!

To be honest why is the commaner and chief of the Beeb talking about astronomy anyway. I'm sure there is many others more informed that don't get paid the silly money he does. Stick to trying to weedle more tv licensing money out of the British public... :D

I was talking to a teenager yesterday who thought Juipter was Polaris "cos it was bright" !!!

Oh well...

Probably not his fault to be honest, i remember being taught things like 'Polaris is the brightest object in the night sky, besides the Moon'. Took me a while to get over the fact that it isn't even the brightest star. Still, says a lot for the state of our education system. Nobody cares that you learn anything useful, but everybody cares that you can regurgitate facts about a pretty arbitrary syllabus during an hour long exam sat in complete silence in a hall that's either too hot or too cold, on uncomfortable chairs with no external materials or resources to help you.

/rant :D

I don't remember anyone ever teaching me about the night sky :D.....but on reflection maybe that was a good thing :)

"If i wanted to be fair i would admit to mentaly saying Never Eat Shreaded Wheat every time i am trying to figure out where East and West are"

I thought it was only my wife who did that!!!! To be fair she hates shredded wheat so not sure if she is figuring out where West is or reminding herself not to eat dull cereal - lol

nope :p
What nerves? Nerves is a man working a 60 hour week to put food on the table and pay bills and still struggling to make ends meet!!:)
Blimey you're a tough lot :o - at least the Beeb mention astronomy occasionally! :D

And Saturn4me - whilst I understand the statement - your example is surely stress (and a whole lot of other things, granted) but nerves in front of a live TV audience is something different :hello2:

Blimey you're a tough lot :o - at least the Beeb mention astronomy occasionally! :D

And Saturn4me - whilst I understand the statement - your example is surely stress (and a whole lot of other things, granted) but nerves in front of a live TV audience is something different :p

:):D

Archived