Hi All

Roy Batty

Hi,

Logged in a few days ago but have just got around to saying hi.

Like many before i'm a lapsed astronomer from my teens ....familiar story got a Rubbish scope promising wildly optimistic mag horrible eyepieces need i say more...

Now i'm older and hopefully a bit wiser i'm thinking those skies from the back garden (i live in somerset now) look mighty fine. So i get some bins to start with and am amazed by the number of stars i can see..

So now i've got the bug again and after much searching the net went for a 200mm newt. Spent most of last year getting to know my way around the skies a bit better - best memory from last summer was to get good views of jupiter and about four moons early in the summer evenings - great stuff!

I realise now that the true limits to my ambition for more astro toys is my wallet!! -oh hum

Spent most of this winter looking at DSO's, but that can be tricky especially the fainter ones (no goto mount for me yet...)

Joined a local astro group as well (they meet in a pub) gets my vote!

Well that's about it for now..

laters...& clear skies

Kit

Bresser 10x50's Bins

Celestron C8-N scope

• 2 weeks later...

Archived