Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

finally finished, he hopes

AstroTiger

Hopefully you want an honest opinion. If you don't then don't look any further.

The font's are wrong and do not display particually well against the background.

The layout is not good, I'm not a creative person so would struggle to give you specific tips on where to improve.

The fading effect and the spinning disc look cheap.

All in all if I visited your site in reference to courses on PC's / internet etc. I would not visit again.

I am sure that you have a lot of knowledge and know what you are doing - but the website doesn't do it/you justice.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm you rather that than either no replies or fake positives.

Ant

Sorry...I have to agree with everything Ant says...it looks cheap and does not promote you as a web site should. It just doesn't read well.

What did you use to put it together? I created a site for myself and originally it looked really naff (although at the time I thought it brilliant, when a friend pointed out how dated it looked I could SEE IT) Here is my second attempt and although no work of art I believe it is clear, easy to read and looks OK. http://www.adrianbeadell.co.uk/index.html

I used this bit of software on the free trial they offer, got it all done and uploaded in a very late night

http://www.webstudio.com/site/trial/VideoTour/VTindex.asp

Apologies if you think me blunt but you did ask.

Chub

Al,

I agree with all the comments above, but on the positive side at least you have tried. Just keep trying.

The key thing is to get your message across not your fancy web graphics - I would forget about using flash altogether.

I have been designing sites for a few years now - here is a test one for a (nearly) similar line of business which I think looks a bit more professional, please feel free to borrow/steal any bits you want.

http://www.blackettworld.com/bwb/cnet/

Or if you really don't think you are up to designing something like this (and I think you are - it's just your artistic skills are a bit lacking) I would normally charge around £200 for a site like this.

Keep trying,

Brian.

Hi,

I agree with the previous - on both counts!

It's good that you've given it a go - but first impressions really are everthing & this site does'nt make a good one.. Stats show that casual browsers look at a site for less than 20 seconds before moving on - thats your only chance to grab them. For some sites you might grab them with content etc - but I think for what you're offering you need to really look like you're a company right on top of IT & presentation.

I don't want to sound negative - I really support anyone doing their own thing - but this stuff can make or break - if it's not your area of expertise I'd seriously consider the offer made by BW.

I have been designing sites for a few years now - here is a test one for a (nearly) similar line of business which I think looks a bit more professional, please feel free to borrow/steal any bits you want.

Or if you really don't think you are up to designing something like this (and I think you are - it's just your artistic skills are a bit lacking) I would normally charge around £200 for a site like this.

Keep trying,

Brian.

...out of curiosity, what software would you recommend for site building that would produce a nice clean code? I considered Publisher (as it was already on my pc), but I understand the code is a messy nightmare...

Thanks.

yes chaps thanks for the suggestions

After careful consideration, we consider the criticms to be minor.

The feedback and the custom by and large has been staggering, and encouraging. At the end of the day the customer is the greatest critic of us.

so all i can say is, watch us rise, watch us rise!

Clear skies all

A

Archived