Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Tim

Cocoon Nebula and tail, also from Kelling SP

Another one from my bag of pics taken at Kelling Heath SP this autumn.

Didn't get too long on this target, I can't remember why, so this is just 7 x 10 mins with Borg 77 and QHY8. Bit noisy as a result.

The whole idea behind the kit I use for SP's is that the images are easy to aquire in a relatively short space of time, at a dark sky location, and dont take too much time on the processing, using a one-shot-colour camera and a refractor. In the main the little setup seems to work fairly well. Click the image to see some more results from Kelling Heath with the same setup.

Thanks for looking.

Tim

tj-albums-kelling-heath-star-party-2011-picture14214-cocoon-nebula-tail-kelling-2011-borg-77edii-qhy8-not-much-time-one-just-7-x-10-minute-exposures.jpg

Sooo many stars in the FOV, the dust and cocoon do a great job of enhancing the feeling of just how much is out there the image brings.

Great result.:)

Mike.

Yes that dust lane looks really good, as do the nicely focused stars. Great little travel imaging setup and no mistake.

Olly

I will hopefully bring it to your place one day Olly! Perhaps when the kids have flown :D

A lovely image. The stars look so crowded, which makes the dust lane stand out.