SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Can someone confirm for me?

Akyra

I just looked at Stellarium to see what might be out tonight, I found Cardiff Observatory in the list, and using Google Earth got my North, South, East and West bearings. In Stellarium it shows Venus just below the Auriga constellation, I know where Venus is from my back garden so I looked that way with just my eyes and could see a bright star up and to the right. So i looked at the constellation and think I saw 'Capella'.

Can anyone confirm this, I'm quite excited LOL :D

Yes using google earth with its little compass in the top corner.

I know which one Venus is, I have looked at it through the scope, but up and right from it was another star which I was hoping someone could confirm to be Capella.

:D I am finding it easier to learn the sky by using Stellarium! I will take my laptop outside with me next observing session and face the screen/Stellarium the same way I am looking at the sky and see what I can spot :D

What program did that screenshot come from?

Archived