Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Attempt at a list of objects seen at Peak Star Party 2011.

Moonshane

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I touch that Mars sample myself I find it hard to believe where it has come from and I get a similar feeling when I touch the Moon rock I have(maybe I'll bring that to another PSP). But what I also find astonishing is that if I touch the Allende meteorite I showed everyone I am in contact with material from an exploding star that ploughed into a gas cloud that then collapsed to form the Solar System. Meteorites have fantastic origins if you research them!

Again it was great to meet you and hope to see you again at another PSP or similar it will be hard to miss you with that wonderful scope.

I am working on the result of a stack of M31 images from PSP at the moment, it may be only B&W ,but I know now why it is called a dark site.

great stuff, a bit of the moon too! would love to see your M31 and Garradd if you get a chance. I did look for you before I packed up but I think you were at the last talk. the wind and my realisation that I had mad professor hair that needed cutting about 6 weeks ago made me think it was time to get off :D

looking much more human after my wife gave me a trim this morning!

That's a lovely list there Shane!:)

Was lucky enough to have a great viewing session early on the saturday morning, and saw some lovely sights.

Favourites for me over the weekend were seeing M33 for the first time,

and getting my first look at the orion nebula!! Absolutely stunning.

Can't believe I missed the opportunity to look through your 16" on the saturday night!! What was i doing???? :o ( oh yeah...I remember...entertaining my dad on his day visit!! :D )

Ahhh well.......maybe next time!!:p

Vicky.

Vicky.

Hi Shane, here is the 2min shot of Garradd in B&W with an inverted version. I had to push the processing to bring out the tails ion left dust right, I think. The other images are all 2min test shots for the new camera I was using of NGC891, Pleiades and the Sailboat Nebula. All of these have no darks, or flats to improve them.

I am still procesing M31 from 10 subs and taking darks and flats(the camera has set point cooling and the focus is locked solid at the moment from PSP so I can do this at home). I have sent a 2min M31 shot to John Tanner(Dark Sky Guy) he has posted a link in a PSP post.

post-15132-13387768476_thumb.jpg

post-15132-133877684798_thumb.jpg

post-15132-133877684805_thumb.jpg

post-15132-133877684811_thumb.jpg

I did image it upside down with my scope though, and turned it to match my skymap orientation.

ha ha

I was joking Paul - your image shows the galaxies as you'd see them naked eye if you could do. in my scope though M110 is at 6 o'clock and M32 at 10 o'clock from M31 at the centre of the clock face. i.e upside down to your view. although this sounds confusing I find the newt upside down view better as I can just turn my atlas upside down. much more confusing with fracs to me with left right reversal.

Archived