Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

ollypenrice

Pleiades Play...

Beautiful image Olly, the nebulosity could be mistaken for brush strokes :)

As others have said its one of the most difficult targets to process and you have done a stonking job.

Lovely job Olly.

The Orange stras as already mentioned really make this image too. I like the way you're swapping ebtween PI and PS. I'm trying to do that too. Although I'm hoping its just that I 'm not as familar with PI as I am with PS. I do miss the selective tools from PS. I think there are 2 layers of dust in the background too. Aazy cloud whispyness on the right and bottom left in a widefield (Rotate your pic 90 CCW) and then a brown dust almost behind the cluster. Very hard to balance across the range. Great job.

Tom

Wow... Just wow!

its made my day! i'm going to make it my works pc background.

Scarily good image Olly.....I don't remember ever seeing such depth in the nebulosity without a loss of the sense of the 'star cluster' if you get my drift.

Cheers

Rob

Incredible image Olly - so in-your-face but so subtle as well right across the whole frame...