astrofest 2012.... whats it like?

garethmob

I've managed to get down for the Saturday sessions the past couple of years and thoroughly enjoyed them. Hoping to make Friday as well this year. t's worth booking in advance if you do go, as the Saturday sessions do seem to sell out before the day.

I like the Astrofest weekend, and take in the last session of talks, which invariably are very interesting.

Drooling over the kit on display is exciting too.

Besides, meeting many SGL friends is a massive bonus.

Ron.

Went on the Friday last year and wasn't overly impressed with the talks. Just didn't grab me. Something seemed missing as if they were running through a script at times and not giving a talk.

The equipment on show is good, best not to look too close, could get expensive.

thanks guys. on the astrofest website it says about the conferences.... about booking each one, but it only says 1,2,3 or 4 how do i go about picking ones i want, or is it decided on the day

i take it saturday is the ideal day then

Mrs BA and I normally make a weekend of it. Train down to London Friday night, me drooling at kit on Saturday while she hits Oxford St, show in the evening, sightseeing and back home Sunday, my rucksack usually dragged onto the train due to increased weight of kit!

Archived