Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

T adaptor confusion...?

I have just purchased an Orion Skyview Deluxe 6" EQ scope. Great scope! However, I have read this is a good scope for astrophotography too. However, unlike my Skywatcher scopes, there's no thread for a T-adaptor.. So I've been looking online and there seems to be a T-ring and a-T2 ring. I have no idea if I can even attach any of these to my scope (the T-Ring certainly has nothing to screw to), and don't want to just buy a load of stuff in the hope something will eventually fit, so I thought I'd ask here. Maybe someone has the same scope (or similar) and can help out.

Many thanks in advance :)

It seems the T2 adaptor is a lot cheaper (not sure why if the T2 gives more options).

Would this work with the adaptor pictured below:

93640_tadapterwithbar_large.gif

**Trying to edit this so the word THIS indicates it is a link, but seems the forum software doesn't show it up as being one. I thought it would be polite to truncate the link, but I think it will be missed unless I put the link in full:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Mount-Canon-1000D-Cameras/dp/B004UT6DJY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319196334&sr=8-1

So basically this and this are both the same (except the one named "T2" is cheaper)?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to be absolute before buying. I'm a hands-on type guy and would much rather go into a shop and screw it on myself before buying, but I have nowhere local that sells them. So many times in the past I've bought the wrong items online, but unfortunately it seems the only option.

Seems a lot more expensive than the ones I linked, and not much info on the differences between T1 and T2.

They are the same adaptor, I don't remember if there ever was a T1 adaptor. T adaptors are sold at various prices, some cost more than others. Don't get confused by the discription T ring, T adaptor or T2 adaptor, these are all names for the same item. The adaptor consists of two parts, the inner ring is threaded M42x0.75mm and this thread is known as a T thread. the outter part has a bayonet fitting suitable for a particular camera mount or a M42x1mm thread to suit the old Pentax S fitting. The two parts are held together by a number of grub screws which allow the two components to be rotated and locked in the correct orientation for your camera.

The other item you may also need is a T threaded nosepiece. This screws into the adaptor and allows the assembly to be held in the telescope's focuser.

Peter

They are the same adaptor, I don't remember if there ever was a T1 adaptor. T adaptors are sold at various prices, some cost more than others. Don't get confused by the discription T ring, T adaptor or T2 adaptor, these are all names for the same item. The adaptor consists of two parts, the inner ring is threaded M42x0.75mm and this thread is known as a T thread. the outter part has a bayonet fitting suitable for a particular camera mount or a M42x1mm thread to suit the old Pentax S fitting. The two parts are held together by a number of grub screws which allow the two components to be rotated and locked in the correct orientation for your camera.

The other item you may also need is a T threaded nosepiece. This screws into the adaptor and allows the assembly to be held in the telescope's focuser.

Peter

That's exactly what I was looking for.. I've just purchased a T2 Eos ring for £7.99 including postage. Many thanks to everyone for your replies :)

Archived