Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep2_banner.thumb.jpg.e37c929f88100393e885b7befec4c749.jpg

bibbsy

getting it all wrong.

Just hooked my synscan handset up, using GPS info it states my location as LAT(N) and LO(W)....Date 2011/10/21, Then goes through time clocks, UT14.36, LT03.36, time zone 00.00 and LST16.30...and some other info I have no idea what it is hahaha...

then i think we just might have found my problem,on the handset it reads as follows........000 40 E 51 52 N.

lol. my handset at the moment reads 000 40 E 51 31 N.

the readings that i got from the link you sent were, 000 24 E 51 31 N.

could that be my problem ?

Bibbsy.

Be careful all this info doe,snt confuse you,everyone is more or less saying the same thing.

My last bit of advise is also important.When you have finished viewing,enter the Utilities section of the handset,and look for "Park the Scope".This will then re-turn the scope and mount to its Home Position.Switch off,and remove Scope,if not a Permant Set-up.Dont disturb the Mount.

On a new night the hand set will ask you if you want to start from the home position.

Good luck,and it will soon be second nature.

lmao,what one,the one im using or the new one i got from your link :) if its the one i have on the handset its not my fault,im deffo blaming the other half for that as she was the one who looked it up and put it into the handset lol.

hi mick,yup i got the home and park sussed,i have to break all the kit down every night and bring it inside as i have nothing to home it in as of yet.

just a quickie...are you setting the handset date in the correct format?

This foxed me for a while on my EQ6... I was getting the month and day the wrong way around because I didn't follow the prompts and inputted in UK format rather than US format.

...hope that's not adding to the confusion!

Daylight savings to yes! until next weekend then no! as we are on British Summer Time not GMT (UT) until the weekend of the 30th

Edited by m.tweedy