Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep29_banner.thumb.jpg.da7f3b163f7bd35187cb558b0346baf6.jpg

cabby

Tonight's The Night! Well Maybe!!

Well my son woke up at 5:10am this morning to open his birthday presents!! Had his scope set up in the front room for him and he was quite shocked when he opened the door. Just hoping the clouds stay away tonight so we can use it but it's not looking good! I don't fancy telling an 8 yr old he can't play with his main present on his birthday!!

Good onya cabby, an excellent present for your son. I hope you at least get a few gaps in the cloud tonight to give the scope its first light.

Clear skies

Aww bless him, I remember my sons reaction to the size of his xmas prezzie scope! Eyes on stalks lol.

Happy birthday young "Cabby". If it's cloudy it will still be a good chance to get used to the workings of the telescope indoors in a good light. :)

happy birthday little cabby :) hope the clouds break too as im just down the road from you,in horndon.

Well we had no cloud tonight and I eventually found Jupiter (the finder scope is as much use as a chocolate fireguard!!). He was amazed at Jupiter and it's moons,(and my wife and daughter).The light pollution seems very bad tonight here, it was very hard to see anything but the brightest stars so we called it a day until the next clear night. All in all I think he enjoyed it and look forward to many more, should of done this years ago!! :)