Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

When was the last time you had the 'WOW' Factor?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you *really* need a mount with those?

Hi Mike,

The mount is only for the girls in class -- real men hand hold them. :)

King Jaffe: Yeah, that's right. According to the owner's manual: "You put your head right between the apertures and concentrate on the wonderfulness behind you." -- [from the Kama-Bino-Sutra] :D

Dan

Attached photos are from lab during the last full moon (we were looking at crater Tycho and its rays). We weren't out on the dark football pitch, so was able to get this photo of all the kids in action. We usually have about 50-60 out for lab night each week (college and High School combined).

The second photo was taken by a student who held his digital point-n-shoot camera up to the 32mm EP on the 150mm dobby. Gave them extra credit for using an on-line atlas (www.lunarrepublic.com) to identify the features they could recognize. Most of them were able to get 25-30 features identified. Great stuff.

Dan

post-24566-133877685129_thumb.jpg

post-24566-133877685137_thumb.jpg

Seeing the Pleiades not too long ago through my relatively new Celestron 15x70 binos - much more magnificent than through either of my current scopes....but I do have a Celestron Omni R150 refractor on order & hopefully it's wide view will put the binos to shame :icon_salut:

Archived