Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

garethmob

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

Will we be making its acquaintance at any of the S Wales Group Meets- I'll have to make sure I have a weekend pass for that one lol

That is pretty damn impressive Mat!!Oh my god!. Can't wait to see that at the meets.

Edited by texaspete1973

Nice one Mat :( Congrats on the aquisition !

Did you get a tallllll chair with it ?

Nice one Mat :D Congrats on the aquisition !

Did you get a tallllll chair with it ?

Or some seriosly big Platform shoes- we're talking Sweet / Noddy Holder here :(

I think I will have to buy a step ladder it's HUGE.,it's coming to all the meets I need to wash the optics their ok but I may have them recoated,but one I've done a few Tweeks it should be awesome

Looks to be about nine foot tall at zenith ? ? ?

great looking dob mat

you will have to push ahead with that Observatory build now

and have a open day

I will have to check mike but its f7 so the focal length is about 2800 but at zenith it towers above me. I might buy a metal shed just big enough for it to fit with the secodary cage off,it's on a platform which has casters so it moves around really well Steve ,you will have to pop over one night for a session,i may use my caravan steps for now

Edited by Matthew

I'll be afraid to look through that thing in case aperture fever gets the better of me lol

your going to need an elevator to reach the eyepiece of that scope!

Ant. , A hydraulic elevator would be the ultimate "cool" item to have. :(

Ant. , A hydraulic elevator would be the ultimate "cool" item to have. :(

Im going to need something :D . Im going to set it up later in the living room

Fantastic Matt. Y're just gona luv that.

Once new a bloke had one that size. He got nose bleeds every time he climbed upto the ocular.A real foorprints on the moon job that one Matt you luck Weshman.

Nigel

Well, the suspence is over, at least for me (lol).

After anxiously awaiting the seller to return from holiday, my Wife and I went on a 525 mile round trip drive yesterday, to bring home a . . . . . . .

" Zeiss Telementor Telescope" :hello2:

PS: Will bring it to the meet on Sat.

Edited by L8-Nite

Ooooo iv hered fantastic things about them telemators. Good scopes they are:) nealy bought one my self :hello2: well done mike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooooo iv hered fantastic things about them telemators. Good scopes they are:) nealy bought one my self ;) well done mike!

Thanks, I've been looking for one for a looooong time. Fortunately this one wasn't too far away, they don't seem to come up for sale very often. I'll post some photos in the near future.

The lady who owned it bought it new over 30 years ago at her local camera shop in Ipswich. It's unfortunate that she is no longer able to use it; age has a way of catching up with us all. When asked her about her Astronomy interests, she described herself as a "Stargazer", and has had a lifelong interest.

The scope seems to have been well cared for, no dammage, no scrapes, or dings, and the paint on the OTA & mount is like new. There only appears to be some dust inside the optical tube and on the eyepieces. Once I aquire the proper cleaning solution, I plan on giving the optics their scheduled 30 year MOT.

Well done mike nice spot with that i look forward to having a peek through it

picture.php?albumid=1080&pictureid=17290

I thought i'd post this pic to show you how big the dob is !!!

Actually I don't think its that big Mat - I think you've just been drinking from your

bottle again ;)

Actually I don't think its that big Mat - I think you've just been drinking from your
bottle again ;)

Mmmmmmm now where did i put biscuit labelled 'Eat Me '

blumming hell mat lol I nealy choked on my sandwich lol very very nice:) some how I don't think I'd get one that big tho:P

blumming hell mat lol I nealy choked on my sandwich lol very very nice:) some how I don't think I'd get one that big tho:P

Well this will be my grab and go scope and i will put a 20" or 22" in a obsy at a later date.

Have you had a chance of observing yet mat? whats your initial thoughts?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Ive just come back in Steve too cloudy at the moment ;):mad:.Im hoping i can catch a sneak peak of the moon before i got to bed.

Not very optimistic down here unfortunately hope you get better luck up there

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2