Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

garethmob

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

As ever I am still trying to get things together to attend one of your local meets.

In the mean time I've have a moment of weakness and ordered.

Skywatcher AZ-EQ6GT plus rings and bar for my SW 250px OTA

USB EQMOD cable

Hitecastro DC focus

I've been doing dob imaging using an EQ platform and my 130p goto but really wanted to step it up having got a ZWO 120MM and LRGB filters for Xmas.

If any of the South Wales guys are interested ( a local pickup ) I'm going to get rid of the EQ platform

Hope to get to meet you all sometime

Cheers

Fuzzy

• 1 month later...

Its definately not portable but its transportable .For one off sessions its not worth dismatling but it will definately be coming with me to star parties.When the nights start getting dark early you or anyone else is welcome to pop over to my place to have a butchers.

I plan to build a more conventional truss assembly to house the optics in so i can use it at dark sites but thats aproject for next year.

Very impressive Mat, it's been a fair old while since we last caught up, are you gonna be getting more involved with the group again or are you staying in the back seat

Its hard to say at the moment pete.Ive had a lot of changes with my shift pattern and i only get two weekends a month off.I cant say when but i will be up to see you all at some point in the autumn  :smiley:

Canon 7D (2 weeks ago) and today a Canon 100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS USM to go with it which will hopefully arrive tomorrow so I can play with it this weekend......

At least this fits in with my move from Dedicated Astro to Multi use equipment...

The Canon 100-400 is a fantastic lens. I bought one several years ago. I use an original 5D not one of the newer cameras. But I've never used them for astro work. I'll be interested to see your results.

Best of luck,

Derek

Canon 7D (2 weeks ago) and today a Canon 100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS USM to go with it which will hopefully arrive tomorrow so I can play with it this weekend......

At least this fits in with my move from Dedicated Astro to Multi use equipment...

The Canon 100-400 is a fantastic lens. I bought one several years ago. I use an original 5D not one of the newer cameras. But I've never used them for astro work. I'll be interested to see your results.

Best of luck,

Derek

While out to lunch on our recent trip over seas I stopped to have a look in the charity shop across the street, and found an old Astro Photography book dated 1949 titled

" Skyshooting "  Hunting the stars with your camera.  by R. Newton Mayall  &  Margaret L. Mayall

An interesting read in comparison to todays technology.

Best of luck,

Derek

It's a handy summer walkabout lens when combined with tubes it's OK(ish) for macro.. Sadly I hardly ever do any Astro imaging these days and when I do it with primes...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived