Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

garethmob

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

Recieved our copy of "The Great Atlas Of The Sky" today.

A bargain at £64 ?

I think so . :smiley:

just had an email from maplin. they are selling compact 12v power supplies for £30. only 8Ah, so not for l-o-n-g sessions. they're also selling laptop power supplies that work off 12v for a tenner.

In my travels today, I spotted an Astronomy book and spent almost a pound. :eek: It looks to be an interesting guide with a good chapter on lunar observing, which Mr. Rukl is known for.

The Title is..... " AMATEUR ASTRONOMER - an observers guide to the universe " by Antonin Rukl

Finally got to test the new upgrade for the EQ5 last night. Please to say it worked perfectly, going to the finder stars and tracking was immaculate.

Had the big 2" 50mm Revelation in and boy the FOV is just wonderful. Looking forward to the first moon views hopefully by the end of next week.

Pat

Well iv bought something that might facilitate my going places and coming to meets. A new *fingers crossed reliable* car:) although I don't fancy takin her down any country lanes as she's like a tank :) a mercedes e250d she's a little bit bigger than my polo with a lot more "buttons" to press

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will we have to bow and lay the red carpet for you Garth at the next meet :Envy:

Lol at least now iv got more room to keep stuff in :p and my binos might be living in there.

That ethos looks nice mat! Going green again? :p how does it compare to the ES glass?

Well iv bought something that might facilitate my going places and coming to meets. A new *fingers crossed reliable* car:) although I don't fancy takin her down any country lanes as she's like a tank a mercedes e250d she's a little bit bigger than my polo with a lot more "buttons" to press

From wiki:

The successor of the OM617 engine family was the newly developed straight-5 dieselautomobile engine OM602 from Mercedes-Benz used from 1980s up to 2002. With some Mercedes-Benz 250D/E250D diesels exceeding 500,000 or 1,000,000 miles, it is considered to be one of the most reliable engines ever produced, a success which is only comparable with the famous OM617 engine.

How many to go until you hit the big million Gaz? :grin:

A pair of 19mm Panoptics at the weekend for my WO binoviewer, only had one 2 hour session, but so good.

Lol she's 15 years young r reg and only 160,000 miles :)

Friday I will be getting a Skyliner 200P Dob (second hand)! :hello2:

Needless to say I have absolutely no patience at all!

I won't be able to come to the meet this week ,to use it in dark skies, but as soon as I can make it then I'll be there!

(with my new dob)

• Like 3

Lol at least now iv got more room to keep stuff in :p and my binos might be living in there.

That ethos looks nice mat! Going green again? :p how does it compare to the ES glass?

Im not going green again Gaz , but the ethos is AWESOME!.When firefox brings his 13mm Ethos i can do some comparisons.

congratulations Ganymede12 on the new scope,I have to admit you have been patient and saved for the scope with your paper round.You'll have it on friday and i guarantee by saturday you will be planning your mods :laugh:

I have to admit you have been patient and saved for the scope with your paper round.

Well..... I sort of cheated their :D

It's second hand so I'm saving £110. It costs £180 and I am only paying £110. The extra £70 is coming from my family as an early birthday present. :)

I was quite lucky that this offer came up and I have to thank nightfisher who told me about the ad when it appeared in classifieds. :icon_salut: