Narrowband

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

garethmob

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a lot of detail in there James, lovely deep dust lanes etc.

Now this is where I struggle, in extracting the finer details and colour. I must try harder. :grin:

There's been a lot of trial and error put in this week Tony. My first attempt ended up on the scrap heap as I'd captured all the images as JPEGs instead of RAW. Took me a few of trying before I to realise this though! I think this is my best yet, I'm not entirely sure about the colouring but I'm happy with some of the detail at least. It's starting to take over my life to be honest, don't think I finally switched the laptop off until 3am this morning then I was woken up 4 hours later by the girls demanding a cuppa tea!

This imaging lark is fun, frustrating....and exhausting! Lol

James

NIkon 20x WF MC  EP for my ED50   for £100 Mint S/H  rather than £259 for New  ... lot nicer than the 13-40X  MCII  Zoom which I bought with the Scope  when its murky :) Should also be a lot better for Disgiscoping.. Just need to machine out the Adaptor a bit tomorrow

Peter...

The O'Meara H400 book arrived yesterday. Looks ve ry useful at the eyepiece. Will begin the hunt in earnest at the first opportunity.

Ordered Sue French's Deep Sky book, to complement the Celestial Sampler book of hers I already have. Also ordered volumes 6 and 7 of the Webb Society's handbook s for completeness (for pennies).

My new shockingly inexpensive Mallincam Micro-Ex arrives this afternoon... Care to make a wager on the current weather forecast? You guessed it!! Not just cloudy/rainy, but "severely" so. I never would've believed that the camera attached to my scope would be BY FAR the cheapest attachment on my scope. I'm sooooo curious.

I received my Mallincam Micro-EX... They are NOT using the word "micro" lightly. In all the photos I've seen I've never gotten a good sense of scale. This little thing is seriously micro!!! If it does what I'm told it can do I'll be stunned. Here it is next to my watch to give scale...

post-22697-141929075245_thumb.jpg

I decided to upgrade my old Samsung Tab2 10.1 to the bigger Samsung NotePro 12.1......and why not.

If I can't get to the stars I'll bring them to me. This thing is enormous for a tablet. I thought the 10.1 was big, but at 12.1 diagonally this really does show up the detail in apps such as SkySafari Pro and SkEye.

I should have used a tape measure for comparison, but my Samsung S4 with a 5" screen shows it's size well.

With a screen resolution of 2560x1600 it is pin sharp, with stunning colour rendering and super fast processor, it's a pleasure to use. Sorry, this image doesn't do it justice.

Ok....now which movie should I watch. :smiley:

post-7131-0-22447400-1419343761_thumb.jp

I received my Mallincam Micro-EX... They are NOT using the word "micro" lightly. In all the photos I've seen I've never gotten a good sense of scale. This little thing is seriously micro!!! If it does what I'm told it can do I'll be stunned. Here it is next to my watch to give scale...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1419290750.015068.jpg

Wow that is small, and I like your watch too.    :cool:

I decided to upgrade my old Samsung Tab2 10.1 to the bigger Samsung NotePro 12.1......and why not.

If I can't get to the stars I'll bring them to me. This thing is enormous for a tablet. I thought the 10.1 was big, but at 12.1 diagonally this really does show up the detail in apps such as SkySafari Pro and SkEye.

I should have used a tape measure for comparison, but my Samsung S4 with a 5" screen shows it's size well.

With a screen resolution of 2560x1600 it is pin sharp, with stunning colour rendering and super fast processor, it's a pleasure to use. Sorry, this image doesn't do it justice.

Ok....now which movie should I watch. :smiley:

That's nice Tony, I know who I'm parking next to at the next observing meet.   :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

WOOOOO Finially got my Meade LX90 fixed (just a loose cable in the Alt fork housing so can finially get some proper astro again :)  and today i bought a nice GoPro Hero 4 black  which its primary use will be on my disco and as a timelapse camera i can leave out in the rain :p  see getting used to the welsh weather :p) but its got a night timelapse mode as well for talking milkyway shots (and meteor)   so when i go collect it tomorrow i hope its going to be nice and clear (althrough it dosent look good for next week :'(  )    

did any one have any xmas goodies on the board?

Sounds fun Gareth  :smiley:

I got a Lodestar (colour) for Christmas which I'm trying to use for live viewing - as in I'm actually sat in the obs at the moment having got it working with Lodestar Live and getting frustrated that the Moon has disappeared behind fog!  (I thought the moon would be an easy first target!).  My relatives all know that astro-related stuff goes down well so I also got the Patrick Moore Year book, the Chris Hadfield photo book and the Astrophotographer of the Year book too :smile:  And something for the cloudy nights - the Astromedia build your own Orrery kit!  Oh, and my in-laws bought me a lovely long quilted coat  :grin:  

Helen

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys foul weather on the way

Just purchased. Rigel quick finder, Lacerta fine focuser, 15mm bst, 8mm bst. New Car

sorry guys!!!

I have just added 3.2mm BST, 25mm BST as well

Now were in for it. Neer use the severn bridge thats for people with loads of money. I am always heading to the beacons haha

I am looking forward to the next meet too.

I hope it go's tonight i have had all my lenses, focuser, and rigel back so will be good to try out, but the downside is I have orders from the other half she wants to go visit my daughter so may not make tonight's meet.

Archived