Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

garethmob

thas kwl :)

just updating mine

resently bought an astrotrac AG + polar scope and guide cable

photo tripod with ball head (need to get adapter to use on astrotrac)

a cable to get my meade etx running, but eith wrong end ;) lol

and my optricron 8X42 bins :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Swapped my order for the 32mm Panaview to the 31mm Baader Aspheric- hopefully here by the weekend (one week too late to use for the time being unfortunately) that will conclude my astronomical spending for this year although I do need to get a sponge to put between the Dob boards as the lazy susan mod has made it very sensitive on AZ.

mats idea actually works i have seen a few threads about it on here, and you can get a multi pack having all the different sizes, and worst case if it dosent work you will have plenty of anti sliders your your house chairs

- I've actually got those on there already - looks like their probably not packed high enough - will have to buy some new milk cartons to act as washers and increase their height gradually till I get it just right - cheers guys

Steve,

I saw packs of round stick on felt pads a couple of days ago at our local "Home Bargin" store, at about a pound. If you want some and can't find them, i'll pick a pack up for you.

Thanks Mike thats very kind of you - I think I'll try packing the pads I have already to see if I can get it right but if its not happening I might take you up on your offer- cheers once again

I hate beign bored and as usual ended up shopping .. I was going to buy a Merlin Mount to replace my schizophrenic Supatrak one... I wish I had now it would have been cheaper...

Instead ...

I bought the Original Canon BG-E7 Battery Gip for the 7D - Makes it so much nicer to shoot in Portrait mode and should give me plenty of battery life for a days wandering round the reserve.. and a trail cam we had one setup outside for a few days when a villager was trying to track down their wandering moggie - I will be using it to cover the scopes when they are outside as a backup for the CCTV...

At least both these purchase can be used in the rain :)

Peter...

Hi Mat,

What we talked about on the weekend is here, however my present vehicle is not large enough or worthy for transport; but that will be remedied hopefully in the near future.

I can say, that "Something vintage this way comes." A little mystery keeps life exciting.

I will let you know first though, fair enough ? :)

It wad one of the liquidation auction specials with a damagec dc input socket camr with a Skyhawk 1145P for £10 ..

Every now and again when your slewing it will go nuts and takes off ...

Dont fancy it doibg it with tge 6D and the 100-400L on it...

I have temporarily solved the dilema by a big more retail therapy - a wireless multiflash (4 gun) setup for the kitchen Studio...

It was pointed out I have plenty of mounts so I will probably use one of the Kson Eklipse mounts from under the desk instead...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Archived