Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter - last night

jasonp

Yup thats the GRS alright :)

DRG.. What barlow were you using ? I found trying to use a 5x impossible, so used a 2x. Maybe a little more processing would bring it out ?

Daz, its brill isnt it seeing has been really good.

Chesty what did you use to take that ? My first attempt was no where near as good. Well done.

I used a 3x barlow. I too tried a 5x, but I think that is too much for the SPC900. I think I'll see what happens by introducing darks, flats and bias - something I haven't yet tried. I'll also wait for the moon to go away and cross fingers for better seeing and when that doesn't work, I'll get a DMK 21AU04.AS :)

• 4 weeks later...

Can't believe my luck.!

Just got some money together to get my HEQ5 with syn trek from first light optics and guess what, they no longer have them instock.!!!! ?????. I've been waiting months after having to pay out for car repairs etc...

Looks like I'm going to have to save more to get the next one up with synscan handset of which I already have the version 3 handset ready... Can things get any worse.!

: Andy.

Jason, what settings did you use when processing your images?

My first attempt at jupiter is in the thread below. I spent about 2 hours capturing some video, then anohter couple messing about in registax but not really sure what/how to modify regarding the wavelets and other settings.

I used my 130p with bog standard 2x barlow that came with my skywatcher. Was pretty impressed with what I got but seems a bit dark compared to some images Ive seen taken.

Hoping for clear sky tonight to have another go, so far the forecast for later seems OK

Archived