Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC5070 Pelican Narrowband

Uranium235

The last couple of nights have been a bit "difficult", Friday night was wrecked by flexure (since fixed), Saturday the guiding decided to go on a holiday (suspected balance issue), my OIII filters developed a massive halo (since cleaned), and the focuser lock on the ED80 decided to go AWOL (started slipping under gravity). I think Ive sorted the focuser out now though with a visit from Mr Allen keys.

I have already started to collect SII on this - and will reshoot some of the OIII to reduce the halos, but its going to need another complete night to finish it. So for now I will go with the HOO image.

IC5070: Pelican Nebula

22x450(Ha_L), 15x450(Ha_R), 15x450(OII_G&;)

ED80(0.85x), Atik 314L+

Setpoint: -10

Guiding: Not great

Thanks for looking :D

Rob

attachment.php?attachmentid=70894&stc=1&d=1318789064

post-18171-133877678882_thumb.jpg

....and the focuser lock on the ED80 decided to go AWOL (started slipping under gravity). I think Ive sorted the focuser out now though with a visit from Mr Allen keys.

Nice photo- I take this problem was due to the target being nearly overhead? Can create problems imaging at the zenith- but on the plus side it should be the clearest/darkest part of the sky.....

Nice photo- I take this problem was due to the target being nearly overhead? Can create problems imaging at the zenith- but on the plus side it should be the clearest/darkest part of the sky.....

Yep, the Pelican is right overhead at the moment. I did manage to get out for a couple of hours last night and shoot more SII, so an HST version will be processed this eve.

The focuser is much better now though, it doesnt shift anymore when I lock it - and it stays put. However, Ive still got halos in OIII - not sure whats going on there. I might clean the whole lot just to be sure.

Thanks to all for the comments :D

Archived