Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Whippy

Anyone keeping their eyes on these??

hmmm ...dont know...If you click on his other items he has a few sets for sell. Does have a good feedback. He has recently sold a set for £85..

Takes ya chances

two sellers. Both with 99+ % positive feedback of over 2000. both in somerset. both selling 5+ of the same item.

I think they're mates and have somehow managed to get quite a number of them at a bargain and are selling them at a small profit.

I don't think there's anything dodgy about that TBH.

Andrew

and they both have the same "other items" as well.

You might be right Andrew but it does look odd and sets the more suspicious (cynical old Fa*ts) of us on edge.!! :D

Bill£

Maybe they ahem 'obtained' these from that sunken container ship last year. That wasn't a million miles away from there...

I purchased a single one from jack0098 a while back, no problems good service.

there are loads of meade eyepieces doing the rounds on ebay, single ones as well, i lost out the other night on one, a 20mm went for £13.00.

Interestingly these eyepieces don't look like the ones on FLO.

And another 'genuine' seller is slagging off the 'fake' ones.

Checkout these 3 links.

FLO : http://www.firstlightoptics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ms4000sp

'Genuine' : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Meade-Srs-4000-Super-Plossl-40-0-mm-eyepiece-1-25-BNEW_W0QQitemZ290107592906QQihZ019QQcategoryZ3636QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

philip55025 : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220107058959&rd=1&rd=1

The philips55025 one has a much longer nobbly finger grip bit.

All very confusing......

Brian.

Hm, interesting to note that the seller who's selling the 'genuine' EP is using a promo shot rather than a photo taken at home. Doesn't help his case much..

The eyepieces shown on the original link on this thread don't look like 4000's to me.

I've seen quite a few 4000's (including the Japan & Taiwan versions) and have never seen Meade's with rubber grips this big.

I'd stay away. :protest: