SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sat 15'th

damnut

Just spent a couple of hours just sitting in chair 2" 40mm in the Lx giving just over 60x. Moon on full beam but watching the moons of Jupiter. Absoloutely fab, reminds me of when I first looked at Jupiter through 60mm many moons(!) ago. Bands on Jupiter extremely clear, simple & awe inspiring.

Now for a large glass of red, the corrector plate & scope covered in dew, & three setters slobbering ny feet!

Cheers

I was watching the IO transit as well last night with the 4" F15. The conditions were excellent. I watched from when the IO shadow was crossing the planets meridian to when the the moon appeared fully from the limb.

I could only see IO itself when it went across the darker NEB and close to the limb of the planet. Spent about 2 hours just watching this. Its fantastic to see stuff in real time.

Phil

Hi Dave,

The easiest I have seen is two posts taking a rail to just roll off the roof of the shed.

Yes DOC it was great, the dogs make great foot muffs until one of them decides the tripod is a wee post :-)

The transition was excellent and watched from when the two satellites were in vertical alignment.

Looking pretty much the same this eve.

Archived