Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Registax Freezing! Help please...

Hi all,

I just tried Registax 6 (with update) for the first time with just five images of the moon taken at 1024x768 resolution (file sizes average around 140Kb). I can get Registax to pickup the align points but upon click 'Align' Registax simply freezes. I have checked in Windows Task Manager and Registax is using around 700Mb of memory but isn't using any processor time at all.

I am using a Lenovo laptop, it's a Core i3 with 3Gb of DDR3 RAM running Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium and when Registax is 'Aligning' I have around 1.6Gb free so I don't think memory is an issue here?

Has anyone else experienced this? and is there a solution? Or possibly an alternative?

I'm just going to run a few more tests here so will update if I find anything...

All help appreciated!

Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies!

I have been in contact with the developer and have found a solution to the problem I was experiencing.

I have a Core i3 2310m Laptop. The processor has 2 cores and supports hyper-threading which means it can run 4 threads. Registax, detects the 4 threads as 4 cores and the program freezes (I have seen this 'feature' with software before).

Simply setting the number of cores to the correct value of 2 solved the problem immediately.

I hope this post comes in handy for anyone else experiencing this problem...

Thanks again all and to the developer!

Archived