It's 1 o'clock and I can see Orion!!

garethmob

Well I'm getting quiet excited. Ys 1Am and I can see Orion. His bly (Cnt see sword cos of moon) an beatlejuice is very prominatly red :D

Wooooo not long now few weeks and it be visual at 10:)

Sent from my Now working iPhone using Tapatalk

In one month it'll be where it is now at 10pm :D (because of the clocks changing).

I woke at around 3am a week or so ago and Orion was very high in the SSE - glorious sight, cannot wait till winter!

Ant

Aw! Don't moan about the moon, it's a fascinating target!

I agree with Pug... I never get tired of looking at the moon. Whatever I go out with as a target for the evening, it always seems to draw me in and I end up just immersed in the lunar landscape.

Having the moon around does sometimes help during setup - but it washes out so much of the goodness of the sky...

The moon really is the nemesis of DSO observing/imaging, but it is nice every now and again to look at the moon.

If the moon is up I'll use it to make sure my finder is aligned :D that's about as far as my observing goes these days ;)

It was a nice night last night - a little cold, took me by suprise really - went down to 5c where I was.

Tonight is forecast to go down to 4c :D But I'll be out.

Ant

I have a wooded hill on my East and some houses so i have to wait much later for it to be in good view. Roll on the winter.

There is something special about Ursa Major, Cassiopeia and Orion for me.

Archived