Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astronomy clubs in Germany?

Hello, I live in the North Rhine-Westphalia area of Germany and wanted to ask if anyone knows of any good local astonomical clubs and societies in the area? Herord or Bad Salzuflen would be ideal :-)

Cheers

Jan

• 1 month later...

Well, I amanaged to find a really good astronomical club in Bad Salzuflen, they even have their own observatory. There are lots of good people there with contacts around Germany, so if there are any other SGL members living in Germany let me know.

A little far - although from what I hear astronomy is a much more popular hobby down your neck of the woods than it is up here. Would you like me to ask some of the members here is Bad Salzuflen if they know of any clubs in Frankfurt?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Craig, welcome to SGL.

SGL is mostly a UK based forum. You may get better respond if you post your question on one of the German forum such as this one

Astro-Foren.de - Die unabhängige Community - Powered by 230V

I don't understand German and I've only read a couple of google translated articles on it so I don't know what that forum is like.

I hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

Dead topic here? I hope not :(

I live in Frankfurt am Main. I've googled for German star parties in both English and German here and in the astro forens sight and have found little to nothing. There's got to be something in the area(?..) I spose it's the weather here,.really!

I did find a planetarium next to the senkenberg museum here in Frankfurt and will share any info. I find.

Archived