Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How Often do you Observe?

Klesk14

lol james,i would love to get it outside and use it but ive had nothing other than thick cloud since it arrived,been out once or twice with the dob on its old push around mount but within minutes dense cloud set in,not so bad as its just pick it up and come indoors but the thought of setting up and breaking down the gear for just a few minutes viewing is kinda off putting,i just have to get me one of those domes :rolleyes:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not very often usually but I'm one of the lucky ones who were able to get out for several nights in the recent clear spell. I got a number of images that I am really pleased with.

However, that prompted a small spending spree (on a guide camera and adapter) so I don't expect clear skies here any time soon!

BTW many thanks to Bernard at Modern Astronomy for excellent service.

Barry

I'm pretty much limited to Fri, Sat, Sun nights, but now the evenings have closed in, I try and get out mid-week if possible, can set up, observe, and be back inside by 10PM if all goes well.

I go through phases of observing, I've had some good sessions since late August, probably 5 or 6. Binos are great for a grab and go session.

Ed

I get out when ever I can. The recent warm spell was nice managed to get some time off to take full advantage of the situation and managed five nights in a row I thought that would cure my urges for a while but now the anchoring is back. I seem to be working away alot lately so I am thinking of getting another porta mount so I can take my Megrez 90 with me and maybe get out a couple of times during the week now the nights are drawing in.

I observe when the skies are clear. I prefer on the weekends since I have classes to teach during the week. However, when the nights are extra long (when we finally return to fall back time) I can catch a couple of hours here and there during the week as well.

Isabelle

Archived