Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

smt1988

have ive been conned ?....

payed for a telescope somebody was advertising on here been messaging them to see if there posting it out today but there not replying back what shall i do ?

You can check at the bottom of the home page when they were last online.

Probably just not got back to you yet, never had any problems with anyone on here.

Hope all works out ok

as said should be ok on here mate just give them time. maybe thats why they havnt responded yet cause they were at post office

its ok now he got back to me :rolleyes: i just got trust issues with people been let down a lot in my life...

Hi SMT1988,

I have made quite a few purchases from the buy & sell and sold a couple of scopes. I can say the folk I dealt with were exceptional. Restores my faith in human nature!. Hope your purchase turns out the same.

Cheers

Another message of reassurance for you smt1988!

I've had quite a few deals via this forum over the last few years and everyone i've dealt with have been fantastic, no problems at all!

There are some very nice people here no doubt, it's the best site I know of to buy/sell astronomy equipment bar none!

Doc

Edited by Space Beagle

its ok now he got back to me :rolleyes: i just got trust issues with people been let down a lot in my life...

Glad to hear that. My experience with the Buy and Sell section has also been overwhealmingly positive but always worth being careful!

Glad it all worked out for you smt1988, and to hear the good reports on member to member sales. I'll be in there next month looking around.

Glad it worked out well for you.Nobody has anything to gain by ripping off fellow forum members and have everything to lose! Well done mate and enjoy:)

I think a big problem sometimes is that we all expect an instant reply when we are naturally excited about getting a new toy. sometimes, you also see that people appear to be 'online and ignoring your messages'. this is not the case. my pc has been on all day and I have therefore been 'online' all day but would have been unable to reply to a pm until I got home. it was not me by the way, just thought I'd make this point.

also, 1) glad it worked out and 2) I agree - everyone on SGL has always been perfect when it comes to all issues, buy, sell, comment, personal message.

Hope you enjoy your new scope smt1988, sometimes people are just having a busy day working and away from the computer as said, but hope you will find on your time here enough honest people to regain some faith in humanity!

andrew

I've never had any issue buying or selling to members of this forum, and i have always been impressed with the quality of the kit.

I've had a few times when people don't get back to me immediately, but as a courtesy I try to give a couple of days grace before messaging.

Glad all worked out for you SMT1988, and enjoy your new purchase.

Hello shane,

not to worry mate, like said by others i have had a rather busy few days and as i work all the time i need to ask my wife to post bits for me.. as said in my message its really nothing to worry about, i know this is your first purchase from this forum but u will soon see its generally very good, i think i have brought/sold/swapped with every person on this thread at some point ;-)

As explained in my Pm its out tomorrow and ill sent out the tracking number

I do sometimes have access at work but its via my phone so i tend to keep it short :-)

When buying or selling its always good to check the history of the person you are dealing with, look at how long people have been members and look at previous posts, i find it good way to see if the buyer or seller is genuine

Colin

Sent from my A101IT using Tapatalk

Edited by CGolder

I have done a few deals on the forum now and both have been exceptional in every way. Great service, fast delivery and items as described.

It's a great part of the community.

Nice to see everything is ok. I would echo the above comment, you should still check how many posts they have, how long they have been a member and perhaps some replies to other posts. Although everyone on here has been wonderfull and I have never had a problem there is still the possibility someone could try to scam you even on this forum.

i feel like a right fool now thinking i got conned. i need to start trusting people more :rolleyes:

Edited by Helen

I think a big problem sometimes is that we all expect an instant reply.

My parents are just like that, being in their late seventies and "noobs" with a PC, they send an email then sit paiently buy the PC waiting for an instant response then moan when they don't get one. They say that Jack has not replied to their email they sent a few hours ago and I have to explain that Jack lives in Australia and it's middle of the night there when they sent the email to him, so wait for him to wake up in the morning.

" i need to start trusting people more "

It only applies to folks on SGL - elsewhere be very careful :rolleyes:

I have always had positive experiences, my only problems have been with Royal Fail.

Only once can I recall an SGL member getting himself a bad name on here and it went round the boards pretty darned sharpish. All my experiences have been positive.

Olly

Also nothing but positive results with the forum with only one Royal " Fail".

Have even had the confidence to sent sold goods with out waiting for cheques to arrive and clear.