Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

oshb5

Latest buys

Let us know how you get on with the BST Explorer, I have the ones either side 12 & 18mm.

I like mine, I think they are under rated.

Went out last night for one of the first times with my new TMB Planetary II 4mm. Only to find I also need some of those CR2032's...:)

TMB looks very good compared to my Revelation Plossl's, may have started something here!

David

Let us know how you get on with the BST Explorer, I have the ones either side 12 & 18mm.

I like mine, I think they are under rated.

Will do - I've heard good things about them so I took a punt when I saw one on ABS the other day. By some accounts the 18 is the best of the bunch. I had a look through a Meade 5000 26?mm the other day and really liked it so its kind of a try out to see which I prefer.

Are yours parfocal? If I like the 15 I'm tempted to get the 8.

I am seriously considering getting the 18mm BST Explorer. It is one of the items on my shopping list that I keep leaving at various places in the house. Who knows, her indoors may happen to look at it, whilst she keeps putting it away, and maybe get some ideas for Xmas prezzies.

Yeah it's not a new one, it's purely for imaging Jupiter and Saturn lol (hence why not new!) BUT...IF it performs well enough I may well buy it's much bigger brother the 180 next year. Along with a new mount....and eyepieces....better CCD....filters....and....and.... :(:evil6::p:)

SkyWatcher Skyliner 300P FlexTube Auto Dobsonian Telescope

SkyWatcher Cheshire Collimating Eyepiece

12V JumpStarter (Maplins)

:)

A fur-lined Russian army hat with ear flaps :D

A fur-lined Russian army hat with ear flaps :D

An excellant winter accessory the Ushanka. Wouldnt be without mine. Mines only synthetic fur is yours the genuine russian sable:)

Phil

An excellant winter accessory the Ushanka. Wouldnt be without mine. Mines only synthetic fur is yours the genuine russian sable:)

Phil

I must confess, its fake fur, but still great none the less :D

Bobs Knobs for the 200p primary (slightly concerned that the metal plate on the back now doesn't fit...time to get busy with the dremmel)