Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Latest buys

oshb5

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let us know how you get on with the BST Explorer, I have the ones either side 12 & 18mm.

I like mine, I think they are under rated.

Will do - I've heard good things about them so I took a punt when I saw one on ABS the other day. By some accounts the 18 is the best of the bunch. I had a look through a Meade 5000 26?mm the other day and really liked it so its kind of a try out to see which I prefer.

Are yours parfocal? If I like the 15 I'm tempted to get the 8.

I am seriously considering getting the 18mm BST Explorer. It is one of the items on my shopping list that I keep leaving at various places in the house. Who knows, her indoors may happen to look at it, whilst she keeps putting it away, and maybe get some ideas for Xmas prezzies.

Yeah it's not a new one, it's purely for imaging Jupiter and Saturn lol (hence why not new!) BUT...IF it performs well enough I may well buy it's much bigger brother the 180 next year. Along with a new mount....and eyepieces....better CCD....filters....and....and.... :(:evil6::p:)

Archived