Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Slight change to Buy/Sell sections

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

It looks like the most recent post on the equipment section still shows the most recent even based on replys, for example i just replied to my own DSLR post, this then put it as the most recent post... not sure if this is intended or if anyone cares lol

:)

Hello,

It looks like the most recent post on the equipment section still shows the most recent even based on replys, for example i just replied to my own DSLR post, this then put it as the most recent post... not sure if this is intended or if anyone cares lol

:)

The changes only apply to the Buy & Sell, Wanted and Exchange boards, the rest of the forum is not affected.

Can only be for the better.. It allows the seller to choose who buys the item based on there preferences .. Type payment,location,post experience etc... Without felling under pressure from the first PM..

Good thinking..

Daz there was two BUY/SELL announcements - I *think* you may have edited the wrong one (as I did for about 30 minutes wondering why the hell the announcement didn't change :) )

I've deleted the old one and corrected the right one.

Cheers

Ant

Daz there was two BUY/SELL announcements - I *think* you may have edited the wrong one (as I did for about 30 minutes wondering why the hell the announcement didn't change :) )

I've deleted the old one and corrected the right one.

Cheers

Ant

Aaaaah!

Cheers mate :)

I think the changes are good, though I think it would be better if a price reduction bumped a thread to the top again as price reductions will now be harder to spot. UK Astro Buy and Sell also suffers from this but users get around it by posting a new advert along the lines of "Price reduction for ad 73534".

Cheers,

Chris

I think it's a great idea. Stop all that unnessecary bumping going on. Also, people will go through the older ads to make sure thay haven't missed a bargin, which will hopefully keeps things up to date.

I normally check the new ads on Astro Buy Sell, then go to the last page and work forward. I've picked up quite a few bargins by e-mailing cheeky offers to people whose ads are just about to fall of page 43!

can someone please confirm the rules on mentioning items for sale or wanted when an approaching star party is close? e.g. there's a thread for Peak Star party and some people are asking about an astroboot aspect to the event - there is one on Saturday am but is it ok to mention what you are bringing or make a request for others to bring to sell in that thread? I am sure I recall something about Kelling?

can someone please confirm the rules on mentioning items for sale or wanted when an approaching star party is close? e.g. there's a thread for Peak Star party and some people are asking about an astroboot aspect to the event - there is one on Saturday am but is it ok to mention what you are bringing or make a request for others to bring to sell in that thread? I am sure I recall something about Kelling?

I can't see any issues with that - as long as it's a passing comment not a for sale ad...

Ant

I can see why the changes have been made and to a point agree.

This week i have missed out on a swap as i was awaiting a response to something that had already been sold in the sale section as a sale as a PM had been missed they had not seen the PM. if interest or at least PM sent was in the main threads on both occasions i would now be the owner of 1 of two 500D and some one would have not had to pay full whack for a long cable i had spare and they were looking for one in the wanted section.

i agree with the no bumps to bring to the top. that drove me round the bend sometimes.

but it is a pity that it can not be sorted that the post stays in place but reply s added the to the thread as necessary. As new threads are created they go to the top as normal.

Hey ho never mind.

i agree totally with the idea

but one thing i have noticed (and it might be because of the lack of bumping) but there seems to be a massive decrease in selling adds since it was implemented, either its quiet out in the ether... or people arent posting the adds because of the new system

Archived