Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

draconid meteor shower

My new scope arrived on friday, haven't been able to get it out the box because of this rubbish weather we have here in the good old north east. Fingers crossed we get to see it at some point..... i doubt it though.

My new scope arrived on friday, haven't been able to get it out the box because of this rubbish weather we have here in the good old north east. Fingers crossed we get to see it at some point..... i doubt it though.

Oooh what's your new scope!?

From what I read I was very lucky last night and had 10 minutes or so viewing and was seeing at least on a minute. I had just brought my daughter back from seeing the Lion King 3D, started seeing them while driving home. Whan I stopped at my sisters to collect my baby boy we went into her garden to watch for those few minutes at which time Chloe (my daughter) decided she wanted to go to bed. I'm grateful the cloud clearing, coming out of the cinema and collecting Jenson (my son) coincided with the peak of the shower. Only wish it had been from darker skies but you can't have it all!

A little clearing in the near constant cloud cover allowed me to catch these 2 little beauties. I cannot 100% confirm them to be Draconids but it was the correct time and i was viewing in that general direction...

Enjoy!

Equipment: Yukon Ranger night vision monocular 5x42

was outside in the garden at 8pm and was seeing close to 1 per min. had plans to meet up with my local astro group at a dark sky sight so i jumped in the car with fairly high expectations. nearly overcast by the time i had made the 15 min trip so hung around for a bit hoping for a break but it never came and i called it a night around 9 30

Snap. My 250PDS arrived on Friday but was pouring with rain

last night in Newcastle.

A little clearing in the near constant cloud cover allowed me to catch these 2 little beauties. I cannot 100% confirm them to be Draconids but it was the correct time and i was viewing in that general direction...

Enjoy!

Equipment: Yukon Ranger night vision monocular 5x42

nice little clip, at least i can say i see the draconid this year:)

Archived