Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

hy there

zhgutas

just remembered i forgot to say hello. :D

i'm a tooootal newbie here,and in the astronomy as well. i've been always interested in stuff like this and dreamed about a scope. but only now started to really consider buying one. as i'm just an European student here in england, it's not that easy if u know what i mean. (money stuff as well as huge range of scopes). and i've noticed it's not cheap at all. but what can i say. i feel really passionate. :D i'm happy already i didn't spent my money on the first thing i saw. (i'm really good at this though :? ) i've been browsing through loads of online shops and second hand offers on the net, trying to pick one that would suit me, my expectations and pocket size. (no jokes 'bout that please, it's metaphoric :p ) but, for the first time in my life, i'd like to know the things first. i've been trying to find an opportunity to take a look through a scope for quite a bit of time, but i just cant get there! i missed few open public sky parties already :p .i'm affraid i might be one of those who expect way more that it possibly shows. well, i'm not as dumb to hope to see a journal type images of course, but anyway. as the best thing i could achieve is just a 130mm motorized Skywatcher on EQ2,if talking about a new one,and having in mind a price and portability, i'm afraid to be disappointed. (though i doubt it a bit, since i get drowned in the sky with my eyes or my 10x50 bino's now :lol: )

hope to get some help here and good pointers on the way to the sky. :D

Welcome to the forum, the Skywatcher will give you good views of Saturn the moon and the brighter DSO's and is a great investment as your first scope but dont expect to see anything the same quality as some of the images that are on the net.

Welcome to the forum, the Skywatcher will give you good views of Saturn the moon and the brighter DSO's and is a great investment as your first scope but dont expect to see anything the same quality as some of the images that are on the net.

yeh i know 'bout that thing :D fortunately. as i'm more into DSO, the biggest concern of mine is still the aperture :? . even if my budget let me, i still don't want to loose some portability..

and thanx everyone. i've already found some of the answers bothering me, somhere here in the old posts. thanx for that as well :D

Archived