Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

some dusty cocoon

harry page

Hi

Finaly managed a image after many months so tried one of my fav's

the cocoon nebula and some dust:D

it has 10hrs of lum and 5 hrs of RGB taken with my H35 and the old 14" newt and done in pixinsight of course :)

the high res version is here http://www.harrysastroshed.com/Image%20html/zoommcocoon2011/cocoonjpeg2011/cocoon20113.html

Regards Harry

post-16736-133877673443_thumb.jpg

Hi

Many thanks for all you kind words :)

I did strugle a bit with this as there is dust over the entire area , not one bit of free background :) , I have found sometimes more data does not always mean its easy to process:confused:

Regards Harry

Stormin' star colour, Harry, but with subtle range all the same. (There was what I thought an awful APOD recently with orange or blue stars but nothng in between.)

And, boy, your red/Ha roams out a way from the Cocoon itself. Brilliant.

OK, you know I'm not a wavelets fan so I'll shurrup on that one! In small format the dust lane looks very dark on the right but when you get in closer it looks really great.

It's a fighting image with lots to say and really does stand out from the crowd. My hat is doffed.

Olly

Hi

Sorry the zoom thingy obviousley does not work on every computer :)

Here is a STD version http://www.harrysastroshed.com/BIG%20PIC%20JPEG/cocoonjpeg2011/cocoon-full.jpg

And thanks for looking

Harry

Lovely shot there Harry! posting these wide field shots on here really doesn't do them justice as I think they need to be viewed in maximum detail! and I can't get your Hires image to load :)

Epic image all the same though mate!

Matt.

Hi

Thanks Olly :)

There is not a lot of hdr wavlets here more of the LHE tool in pixinsight , so more for you to look at :)

Regards Harry

Stormin' star colour, Harry, but with subtle range all the same. (There was what I thought an awful APOD recently with orange or blue stars but nothng in between.)

And, boy, your red/Ha roams out a way from the Cocoon itself. Brilliant.

OK, you know I'm not a wavelets fan so I'll shurrup on that one! In small format the dust lane looks very dark on the right but when you get in closer it looks really great.

It's a fighting image with lots to say and really does stand out from the crowd. My hat is doffed.

Olly

Archived