Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Shibby

Astro Panel 2.0 released! (Android App)

Well, 7Timer is working again and I've just had my first look at the app.

I have to say, it's brilliant. It's great to have everything accessible in one place.

If I was to ask for one thing to complete it (for me anyway), I would love something like Polar Finder on there as well, but I don't know how possible (or how much work!), that would be.

Thanks again Lewis (and for your generosity in providing it for free!)

It stopped working on my Android phone HTC, the data feed issue so I uninstalled it thinking my phone was at fault . So maybe might try it again. Thing is I have never found it to be that accurate so not sure if I would miss it.

Some constructive feedback, it works on my Nexus 7 but sadly just looks a mess. Not sure why as others have posted it looks great on the Samsung Tab 7?

Hi, since last saturdaty it seems astro panel isn't updating anymore.

Well, it updates, but I can only see the weather from last saturday to now, not tomorrow..

Is there something going on or is there something maybe on my side?

Thanks

I believe this app gets it's data from http://7timer.y234.cn/ - I found I was getting a similar issue to what you mention when using 7timer directly yesterday, i.e. the forecast started last Saturday and went up to yesterday - I just checked and it's working OK again now so perhaps the app is as well?

Thanks for responding Grant,

Yes, this morning I actually got a clear sky alert for today... :grin:

So I guess something was of for some days..till I commented it.. (lol, isnt it always like that..)

Hi folks, thanks for all your comments!

There is a server-side problem with 7Timer at the moment; I've been in touch with the developer and administrator. At the moment, they're having to manually update it until they've worked out a permanent fix.

By the way, I've had an update in the pipeline for a while now. The main change is improved reliability of the alerts, which (as I'm sure you've noticed) rarely work!

• Like 2

You thanks for this app Lewis :), its an awesome tool to have and to plan our precious time.

Can't live without it..lol

AP has been crashing out on my SGS3 for the last two days.   It attempts to connect and download the 7timer data, then the screen seems to part zoom before the Android debbuger comes up and offers the report or acknowledge option.    I have tried a couple of restarts on the phone, but the issue is still persisting.

I suspect this is further 7timer data connection problems, but worth a post to see if I'm struggling alone!

AP has been crashing out on my SGS3 for the last two days..........worth a post to see if I'm struggling alone!

Exact same issue on my Sony Xperia J over the last 2 days, so appears to be 7Timer issues as you say.

Exact same issue on my Sony Xperia J over the last 2 days, so appears to be 7Timer issues as you say.

Thanks Brent - always good to know you're not alone!

• Like 1

I think in the next release I'll catch the parsing exceptions and display a friendly message that shuns the blame :)

I've heard from the server admins again - it's something to do with the firewall interfering with the import...

• Like 2

I think in the next release I'll catch the parsing exceptions and display a friendly message that shuns the blame :)

I've heard from the server admins again - it's something to do with the firewall interfering with the import...

Thanks Shibby - great plan!

Is this the 'Great Firewall of China'?

Hi all. Just in case you weren't aware - all is back to normal now with 7Timer :)

Mine doesnt seem to be updating. Its stuck on last Saturday.

Mine, too.  Looks like 7Timer is stuck - again!

same here...tried re installing it still stuck on saturday..

Done the same last night.

Good to see I'm not the only one. Have been really dependent on the app lately to see when I can squeeze a viewing of M82 supernova in through the clouds.

Just updated works OK except showing last Saturday til Tuesday. :sad:

It won't start working again until the 7timer website works... I feel so sorry for the developer of this great FREE app, whenever 7timer goes down, his app gets caned :-)